Jodey Brownsill, Manager
Here’s what Jodey says about DVLA Nursery:
“Our team at the DVLA Day Nursery is committed to providing high quality child care and making each day full of fun! We are passionate about helping each child reach their full potential and feel it is our privilege to be a part of your child’s life.
We’re the largest team within the Schoolhouse family…but we achieve great things together! As nursery manager, I’m hugely passionate about people – happy staff who are enthusiastic and animated about their role makes for a fantastic atmosphere for the children. I myself have completed a Coaching Foundation Degree course and am now working towards the CIPD, HR qualification. We offer all of our team the opportunity to participate in leadership skills and career development – which is why so many of our team have stayed with us for many years.
We also have a support officer, Emma, whose sole remit is to support the team, ensuring that they are fully equipped with all of the resources they need to run an action and activity packed days, and also to oversee adherence to our exceptionally high standards of care at all times – quality is hugely important to us here! That said, we’re no strangers to fun – we find any reason to have a get together and love taking part in team building challenges and charity events. We also always have a fantastic turn out from parents when it comes to our open evenings, parties and concerts – it’s great to have so much support and to give parents an opportunity to see everything we do with their little ones”
Our indoor space
Our site was purpose built for children and was designed with both their needs and the long term impact on the environment in mind.
The nursery is a light and spacious ECO Building with plenty of room for the children to explore, and each age group has a purpose built designated area leading directly onto the secure garden area.
Our outdoor space
Our nursery has a large, secure outdoor play area that encourages exploration, imagination and expression. The outdoors is used as an outdoor classroom and staff ensure, through the careful planning of activities, that the children have first-hand experiences of nature.
The outside play area has a barked area with logs and tyres for balancing, slopes to zoom down, trees to weave through, quiet areas for stories, a planting area and large areas for chalking and magic painting.
Also good to know…
- Childcare is available from Monday to Friday, 7.30 am to 6 pm
- The nursery is open to the general public as well as providing a valuable onsite service supporting DVLA staff in the workplace
- Wrap around services are available for working parents and parents in fulltime education and or training. Shift patterns can also be accommodated
- Out of hours care for older children is also available; a PlayScheme runs during all school holidays for children aged 4 – 11years and also offers day care to cover parents during term time inset days/snow days, etc
- The site offers disabled flat access and a disabled toilet; the nursery facility is fully compatible with the needs of disabled children and those with special needs
In March 2017, DVLA Schoolhouse Daycare Nursery was awarded with the title of Top 10 Recommended Nurseries Wales 2017
Address:DVLA Day Nursery
Longview Road, Morriston
View on map
Get in touch
- Monday7.30am – 6pm
- Tuesday7.30am – 6pm
- Wednesday7.30am – 6pm
- Thursday7.30am – 6pm
- Friday7.30am – 6pm